Sydney, Australia — February 10, 2016 — Esker, a worldwide leader in document process automation solutions and pioneer in cloud computing, today announced it is working with Jardiland, the leading French specialist and distributor of gardening and pet supplies, to automate its purchase-to-pay (P2P) process. Esker automates over 24,000 of Jardiland’s vendor invoices annually and just as many purchase requisitions. With Esker, Jardiland is able to achieve ROI based on time savings and increased productivity, as well as optimise its P2P cycle and accounting period closing.
Jardiland has been automating the delivery of its customer invoices with Esker since 2007, and following an internal reorganisation in 2014, the company decided to also automate its accounts payable (AP) process, which includes 2,000 monthly vendor invoices from 80 different stores and services, as well as its purchase requisitions.
Jardiland has already achieved many benefits from automating its P2P process, including:
- Invoices processed five times faster, a process which previously required 10 handling steps and took 12 minutes per invoice
- Increased purchase order (PO) visibility to improve the purchase requisition process and monitor financial commitments
- Accelerated financial closing periods from 10 business days to three business days
- A single database of information for the different stores, services and accounting departments
“After having consulted with eight different solution providers, we selected Esker because they offered one of the only solutions on the market capable of reconciling vendor invoices and purchase requisitions, while completely integrating with SAP,” said Ann Favier, Vice President and CFO at Jardiland. “We were also impressed with the cost, implementation time, solution ergonomics and ease of use for our stores and accounting teams alike.”
Esker’s automation solution implementation is planned in two phases:
- The first phase, already operational, applies to non-maintenance, repair and operations vendor invoice automation and includes scanning, processing, validation, payment via SAP and data fed back into Esker’s solution.
- The second phase will enable the processing of supplier invoices with POs, which includes purchase requisitions, validation, order creation and integration in SAP, notification of order receipt in Esker and fed back into SAP, and automatic reconciliation between orders and invoices for processing and payment.
“Esker teams apply an Agile methodology and demonstrate an excellent understanding of accounting problems,” said Favier. “The first phase of implementation was completed well within the two-month period originally planned. Immediately following the launch, our users were very pleased with the productivity gains and enhanced ability to estimate budgets. In just two days, we were able to catch up on 500 invoices!”
Founded in 1973, Jardiland is the leading French specialist and distributor of gardening and pet supplies, with a network of nearly 200 stores, including 83 branches and a presence in Spain with eight points of sale, including six branches. The company offers a full range of products and services associated with gardening, pets and lifestyle and has 2,500 employees (5,000 including franchises). Jardiland achieved 744.7 million euros in 2014. The investment company L-Gam is its shareholder since January 31, 2014. Jardiland’s president is Thierry Sonalier.