Sydney, Australia — February 20, 2018 — Esker, a worldwide leader in document process automation solutions and pioneer in cloud computing, today announced that IPC Global Solutions, a manufacturer and distributor of automotive aftermarket filters and wiper blades, has automated its order management functions using Esker’s Order Processing solution. Implemented in the cloud, the solution is integrated with the company’s SYSPRO ERP system.
Receiving more than 350 monthly orders in a variety of formats (e.g., EDI, fax, email, etc.), IPC’s process of entering orders by hand was costly and inefficient — particularly the duplicate data entry it took to create an internal purchase order for the company’s own manufacturing and distribution sites overseas. Some orders were up to 300 lines and took over 30 minutes to process, placing a burden on the company’s Customer Support Representatives (CSRs).
To help IPC handle the significant increase in business it was experiencing, it sought a solution that would accelerate order processing, reduce administrative spend and scale with the company. Esker’s solution met IPC’s needs and more, offering a superior easy-to-use interface, Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technology and a broad range of functionality at a better price than the competition.
Benefits from automated order management
Since implementing Esker’s Order Processing solution, IPC has achieved substantial benefits, such as:
- Faster order processing: what previously took five to 30 minutes now takes two minutes or fewer.
- Increased accuracy: OCR, combined with machine learning technology, has boosted order entry accuracy.
- Improved customer relationships: orders are now being received more quickly and accurately.
- Centralized workflow: all orders are accessible on a single platform and no longer tied to a single person, allowing others to step in when an employee is out of the office.
- Expedited shipping: faster processing means orders are now shipped almost a day earlier.
- Freed-up staff time: employees are able to focus on higher-value tasks, like a future Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system update.
“We had a staff member who was hesitant to make the transition to Esker’s solution,” said Darlene Mancuso, customer support manager at IPC Global Solutions. “Now that we’ve implemented it, she tells us she doesn’t know how she ever did her work without Esker. Our employees enjoy using the solution.”
About IPC Global Solutions
IPC Global Solutions, headquartered in Taunton, MA, is a leader in the private label filter and wiper blade business. With a 35-year heritage of supporting the very best names in the automotive aftermarket, IPC has built its success on delivering quality products and service to customers around the world. IPC is an ISO 9001:2008 certified company with manufacturing and distribution facilities in the United States and China.